So you want to get fit and you have heard that boxing is a fun way of doing it. Well you are right! Boxing is a type of interval training allowing you to get your heart rate up really high with short bursts of activity. When you put together several short bursts of activity into an exercise regime of approximately 20 minutes you really see fitness benefits. You will see not only your strength improve but also your cardiovascular fitness. With the activities listed below you will also see an improvement in your abdominal strength, helping you get that elusive 6 pack!
Before you start you will need a superior set of boxing gloves and boxing mitts and a mat to do the sit ups on.
Try this circuit in your next boxing training!
Partners – 1 minute rounds and then swap
- Jab, Cross, Hook, Hook
- 10 straight punches, 10 high punches, 10 upper cuts
- 4 punches, duck, duck
- 10 punches, sprint to wall touch floor and back
- upper cuts
- sit ups – sit up, 2 punches, down, sit up, 4 punches, down, sit up 6 punches, down, sit up 8 punches, down and then work your way backwards.i.e. 8, 6, 4, 2
- 5 x left hand – jab, jab, cross: 5x right hand – jab, jab, cross
- 4 punches, 4 scissor steps
- boxer kneeling, partner standing behind with boxing mitts out in front and above head of boxer. Boxer punches continually upwards.
- medicine ball pass. With your partner sit facing each other and link ankles. Lie down at same time, when come up for a sit up pass medicine ball to partner, both lie down and sit up again at same time
You can repeat this boxing circuit as many times as you like.